Thursday, September 27, 2012

3 - 2 - 1 Action!

The "draft script" for my video to Ashley is written...in pencil.

I took the questions and used them to write everything out.  For some of the questions I did not want to go into a full story, I am letting her know it is another story, for another time...if she is interested.

I'm trying to keep the video about 5 minutes, 10 minutes tops.

All that is left for me to do now is write out my note cards so I stay on track and Monday I will begin recording.  I'm going to include a handwritten note letting her know I tried to write, but it was nearly impossible so I created the video (something along those lines) and I will list the questions I answered.  I will close the note with a "please let me know if you received this and if you are the right person or not" and I will leave just my email address.

Since I am making reference to a Swedish Great Grandmother who welded planes during WWII in the video I'm going to include a small gift wrapped dala horse with its Swedish story.

So hopefully with the note card attached to the video Ashley will know what it is (and what it is about) so she won't be completely freaked out and she'll be curious enough to play it.  I'm also hoping the small dala horse will help warm her up to the idea of wanting to get to know me.

I also hope with the video Ashley will see the similarities...I hope she has a lot of "I do that!" and maybe, just maybe, it will be enough for her to send an email. 

Thank you everyone who helped me figure out what to say!!!

And big squishy hugs for the one who let me use her as my "sound board" and for your wonderful advice.








2 comments:

Susie said...

Good luck!!

Sara said...

Good for you for working so hard on this! Good luck and be yourself!