Monday, October 17, 2011

I won't be around much this week...

I won't be around much this week...

Yesterday my husband and I helped repair part of the fence in one of mom's pastures.  It took us a little while to figure out where Daddy kept everything.  Later in the afternoon mom came home from church and told my husband "why don't you just use the tractor to haul everything around?"  My husband who grew up in a farm quickly remembered how to drive a tractor (it was a blast sitting on the fender while he was driving!).  It made quick work of dragging 16' boards around...especially when the horses were busy "supervising" us.  So my body is sore...and sunburned.  I know, I'm an Esthetician, I should be one of those people slathering on the spf and reminding everyone to do the same...but I did not.

The seasons are starting to change here in North Texas.  Yes, we actually have seasons, they aren't the picture perfect seasons that the other states get to have, but they are Texas seasons.  Now that we are heading in fall with a bad drought there is all kinds of crap floating in the air.  So, I am currently battling a sinus infection...happy, happy, joy, joy.

Nice...a sore body, a sunburn, and a sinus infection....

Last week an acquaintance got a hold of me.  She told me about the Salon/MedSpa she is working at.  She said enough to get me interested, she was glad I was interested because she had already told the owner about me and she was wanting to hire me.  After playing phone tag for a few days I was able to interview with her.  All I can say is Hot Damn!  This place is 10 minutes from my house, 15 minutes in traffic!  That would mean no more driving 45-60 minutes going to work!  Sweet!  This place has more opportunities for me, plus I can eventually lease my own place when I am ready.  The only negative is that it will be straight commission, but the positives certainly out weigh that.  She wants me...sore body, sunburn and all, but she needs to see how quickly she can get the "drama filled" Esthetician out the door.  I did tell her I was giving my current employers 2 weeks notice, I adore them and I'm not burning that bridge.  (Beauty world is completely different than Corporate world.)  So now I am just waiting for a phone call letting me know when this other girl is leaving so I can start there.

So I'm going to go grab my box of kleenex, sinus medicine and go curl up in bed...hopefully I will be back to normal soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing okay....

Sara