Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Things to do: Hug a random stranger

Still no word on the message I sent to my First Daughter on August 17th.  I am stubborn enough to not give up hope and I have a quirky enough personality to come up with a random list of things to do to help pass the time.  I know as long as I can keep my sense of humor then I should be able to keep from climbing the walls!!

Things to do while you patiently wait for some sort of response from your First Child...

Hug a random stranger.

That's right, go up to a random stranger (who is not scary looking) and embrace them.  This might be a little intimidating at first, but try it.  Just hug them, then walk away. 

If you want to make it more fun act like the stranger is some long lost friend.  The stranger will be so stunned they won't know what to say, they will probably try to figure out a polite way of letting you know you have the wrong person.  After you do this walk away saying "it was great seeing you again"


The stranger will probably be in complete shock, but that's okay.  They got a hug and who knows that hug might have made their day.  Plus it will give them something to smile and talk about.

So go out there and hug a stranger, brighten someone's day.





1 comment:

Jenn said...

Haha! That's awesome!

I can't believe your daughter hasn't responded yet. Are you sure she got your message? Maybe it's getting about time for you to try again?