Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy 23rd Birthday

It has been 23 years since I last held you in my arms.  The brief time we spent together I have always carried in my heart.  Memories of counting your fingers and toes, feeding you, cradling you in my arms, feeling your breath on my neck, your big beautiful eyes looking back at me, these memories are still vivid after all of these years.   Our last day together I hoped that you would always know deep down inside your heart how much love I have for you.

There are so many things I want to tell you, so many questions I want to ask, but unfortunately it is very difficult for me to pour my heart out on paper (or on a computer screen).  Writing doesn’t show the personality, the animation, the light in the eyes, the laughter or the tears I shed as I try to write this. There are so many colorful stories to be told, my story, your family's stories, past and present...stories I don’t know if you are interested in hearing or even knowing. 

I do hope one day you will come back into my life where you will always be welcomed with opened arms.  You have always been in my heart and you were never forgotten.  

2 comments:

Susie said...

I also hope that one day you will have your daughter back in your arms. Hugs to you at this hardest time of the year for us moms ~

In Blind Faith said...

Thank you Susie!! Hugs to you too.